1. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology™. Non-small cell lung cancer. v 2.2010. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed July 22, 2010.
2. Jackman DM, Miller VA, Cioffredi LA, et al. Impact of epidermal growth factor receptor andKRAS mutations on clinical outcomes in previously untreated non-small cell lung cancer patients: Results of an online tumor registry of clinical trials. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5267-5273.
3. Jänne PA, Johnson BE. Effect of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase domain mutations on the outcome of patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12(14Suppl):4416s-4420s.
4. West H, Lilenbaum R, Harpole D, et al. Molecular analysis-based treatment strategies for the management of non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:s1029-s1039.
5. Pao W, Wang TY, Riely GJ, et al. KRAS mutations and primary resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinib. PLosMed. 2005;2:e17.
6. Eberhard DA, Johnson BE, Amler LC, et al. Mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor and in KRAS are predictive and prognostic indicators in patients with non-small–cell lung cancer treated with chemotherapy alone and in combination with erlotinib. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:5900-5909.
7. Massarelli E, Varella-Garcia M, Tang X, et al. KRAS mutation is an important predictor of resistance to therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2890-2896.
8. Shaw AT, Yeap BY, Mino-Kenudson M, et al. Clinical features and outcome of patients with non-small–cell lung cancer who harbor EML4-ALK. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:4247-4253.
9. XALKORI® (crizotinib) [package insert]. New York, NY: Pfizer; 2012.
10. Kwak EL, Bang Y-J, Camidge DR, et al. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase inhibition in non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1693-1703.
11. Vysis ALK Break Apart FISH Probe Kit [package insert]. Des Plaines, IL: Abbott Molecular Inc; 2011.
12. Doebele RC, Pilling AB, Aisner DL, et al. Mechanisms of resistance to crizotinib in patients withALK gene rearranged non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:1472-1482.